Friday 9 December 2011

Tweet Tweet Part One

Hi Everyone!

I thought I’d recommend some fellow Cancer campaigners and fundraisers and shine a spotlight on them. Twitter is amazing; I have got to know so many fantastic, like minded people and I am so grateful for that. My family have been through so much and it is hard for them to constantly hear about cancer, even if it is about the positive things I’ve done in my quest to help beat the disease. The life of a cancer campaigner is a bit lonely, especially as a 22 year old. Let’s face it; it’s not a very cheerful subject!

There are some people who are so supportive to me and so magnificent at their own campaigning and fundraising that I wanted to dedicate a post to them and hopefully shine a spotlight on the fantastic work they do:

* Nancy Scott (@CRUKWalton). Nancy is superwoman. She has a heart of gold and is an avid fundraiser and campaigner as well as a loving mum of three. The list of charities she supports is probably as long as my arm and she does wonders for them all. Nancy and her friends formed a Cancer Research UK Fundraising Group in their hometown of Walton, Surrey after losing a dear friend to Cancer in 2008. Their events include “Little Legs for Life” which is a Race for Life for children and the Pink Party, a yearly fundraiser in their local area.Nancy is a huge support to me and a very dear “Twitter Friend” I look forward to getting to know her better and hopefully fundraising alongside her one day soon.

* Karen Stafford (@kaz_staff). Karen is a lovely, supportive lady working hard for CRUK. She always has lovely things to say and always seems to be doing something interesting She is involved with the fantastic “Little Star Awards” which was featured in my blog not so long ago. Karen lives in my local area and I really look forward to doing some events with her in the future.

* Callum Fairhurst (@blackpigsweets). Callum may just be the hardest working and most charitable teenager ever. He lost his brother, Liam, to cancer and is now working hard to launch a charity in his honour. Both Liam and Callum are former recipients of the “Britain’s Kindest Kid” Award and Callum is a frequent visitor to parliament. He has raised astounding amounts of money for various charities, including the fab CLIC Sargent. I’m backing Callum’s charity The Liam Foundation all the way and I’m really excited about it’s launch next year, I’ll be getting out my buckets to fundraise for them soon!

* Matt Wells (@Run4Cancer2011). Matt is an avid runner and has just completed a 109 mile run of The Cleveland Way to raise money for CRUK. He managed to do it in four days and is now recovering! As a lazy person, I salute him!

* Ele Gibson (@ele_gibson). Ele is a community fundraiser for CRUK and has bundles of fun, creative ideas to raise money. Her job is to help as many people as possible have fun raising money to beat cancer. She inspires so many fundraisers with her brilliant ideas and amazing support. She’s brilliant!


These are just some of my amazing Twitter friends doing fabulous things for charity. If you have twitter then please check them out, if not then take my word for it: they are amazing and together we all will beat cancer! J

No comments:

Post a Comment