Wednesday 21 December 2011

The Bugg Sisters': Inspiration Personified

My fellow CRUK Ambassadors are pretty amazing people. I’ve been hit quite hard by cancer and sometimes it feels like my family are the only ones affected so badly. Getting to know my fellow ambassadors has been a godsend because it has made me realise I am not alone: there are people in the world who have been through similar things and who have been shaped by these experiences and pushed into doing something about it.

Three girls in particular have become a real inspiration to me. I am yet to meet them but I count them as friends and I really do support them 100%.

Rochelle, Hannah and Olivia Bugg are three sisters who have been dealt massive blows in life. When they were really little (six, ten and fourteen) they lost their dad to cancer. Then in January this year they were told their mum has an incurable brain tumour.

I am fortunate to have five parents (mum, dad, step mum, step dad and mother in law) and I bicker with all of them. But to lose one of them would break my heart. To lose all of them would kill me.

Anyone in their position would be forgiven for shutting the world out completely but these three girls have masses of strength and courage. A few weekends ago I lit a candle for Georgie in honour of Child Bereavement Day. I tweeted about doing so and one of the girls must have seen because they send me a lovely text of support. It meant so much to me on such a sad day.

The Bugg sisters have an amazing website where they share their feelings and updates on Mummy Bugg. It’s a brilliant site; it can make you laugh and cry at the same time. You really get to know the sisters and how they are coping. You root for them to get through everything life throws at them. I’m urging everyone to get behind these amazing young girls and support them through this horrific time.

Rochelle, Hannah and Olivia have even tougher times ahead of them and I wanted to do this blog post to let them know that they are in my thoughts and I really do mean it when I say I will help them in anyway that I can. I’m sure both Mummy and Daddy Bugg are so proud of their girls and I’m proud to know them. You’re doing an amazing job ladies, you’re real inspirations to me J

Check out the girl's website: A Bugg's Life


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment