Wednesday 21 December 2011

Possible Award Winner?

Anyone who knows me will know that I do my charity work in honour of the six relatives I have lost to cancer. It is my way of keeping their memories alive whilst also trying to make sure other people don’t have to go through the same pain. Awards and recognition do not mean anything to me; I do what I do because I enjoy knowing I’m helping people.

I was interviewed by a lovely lady, Jessica, at my local newspaper a few weeks ago. The Ilford Recorder ran a piece about my charity work to help me drum up publicity for my bucket collection.

After the story was published, Jessica called me to let me know that I had been nominated for the Recorder’s Young Citizen Award for my charity campaigning and fundraising.

“The Recorder/Rotary Young Citizen Award recognises worthy young people in the borough”

I was stunned to find out somebody thinks I’m worthy of an award. I actually don’t think I do enough to be considered but I am so grateful to whoever nominated me! It’s a really nice Christmas present!

I’m sure I’ll be up against some really worthy young people so I will keep you updated on whether I win or not!

Take a look at the link below to read more about the award or to nominate a Redbridge young person for the award! I’m on page 4!

xxx

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=dF04X9k10wM7&PBID=2e06ba4c-0895-4d35-96f7-203988cdd8b9&skip=

No comments:

Post a Comment