Friday 6 January 2012

The Bugg Sisters - An Update

Happy Friday Everyone!


Some of you may have read a previous blog post about the amazing Bugg Sisters: Rochelle, Hannah and Olivia. They lost their father in 2000 to a brain tumour and are now nursing their mum through the same thing. I urged my readers to get behind the three beautiful Bugg's and show support for them at this horrific time.


The sisters got to enjoy christmas and new year with their beloved mummy and are so grateful for that. Yesterday, however, yet another huge bombshell arrived for them: Mrs Bugg's tumour has grown and the girls have to decide whether or not she should have chemo.


I've developed a bond with eldest sister Rochelle and her bravery and courage is astounding. She has taken on the role of head of the family and has nursed her mum whilst looking out for her younger sisters. I'm also the eldest in my family and I'm not at all sure I would be able to cope as brilliantly as Rochelle does in her situation. I take my hat of to her, she is one amazing girl.


Once again I will ask you all to get behind the Bugg sisters, take a look at the website (www.abuggslife.com) and show them some support. If you've ever been in the same situation as the girls or their mum, please let them know, you may be able to help them!


Mrs Bugg probably has around six weeks to live. I know from experience with Georgie that sometimes doctors get it wrong; Georgie lived just over two hundred days longer then his doctors told us he would. I'm hoping with all my heart that Mrs Bugg does the same and that these amazing girls get some more time with their beloved mummy.


I just want them to know that my support for them is unwavering and I will be at the end of the phone whenever they need me, I'm hoping to get the chance to visit them at some point too. I know the girls have so many people behind them and I know that their parents must be so incredibly proud of their beautiful, brave children. Keep going girls, you're doing a brilliant job of caring for your mum.


Thinking of you girls,


Pen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment