Wednesday 11 January 2012

Award Winner and Other News

Happy Wednesday Everyone!


Back in December I mentioned that someone had nominated me for a Young Citizen's Award in my local area. Well yesterday I was told that I have in fact won the award! Thank you to the person that nominated me and thank you to everyone who has sent me such lovely messages of congratulations.


I feel a little guilty though, I never intended for my work to receive awards or anything like that. I think it's Georgie and people like him who deserve the awards not me. I hope wherever Georgie is, he knows that the award is for him and not me because it is him that is my inspiration and the force behind the work that I do. I do it all for him and to feel close to him.


Anyway hopefully the award will mean extra publicity for my campaigns and fundraising so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!


In other news, I am meeting with my MP on Friday to introduce myself and my work. I'm hoping to get him to back out latest CRUK campaign and form a bond with him so I can meet with him in the future....here's hoping it goes well!

Thank you for your continued support of this site and my work, I shall be unveiling details of some exciting projects in the next week or two so watch this space!!!


Pen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment