Thursday 11 April 2013

Fundraising Friends


I am quite possibly the laziest person in the world and have nothing but respect for the incredible people who push their bodies into amazing challenges for charity. I have lots of friends currently training for events to raise money for various charities and would like to highlight them today, so if you are feeling generous, please do spare some pennies for these incredible worthwhile causes!

Luke Claxton – Luke is a fellow Chelsea FC fan as well as a hard working father and partner (he welcomed his second child into the world yesterday!) He and his partner Faye are incredible charitable people. Faye opens up her salon to treat CLIC Sargent youngsters to some pampering on regular occasions and the couple regularly do charity events for CLIC Sargent, including a very successful annual golf day which has raised several thousands of pounds in recent years. Luke is running the London Marathon on April 21st in memory of his mum, Veronica, who sadly passed away from cancer a few years ago.
Not only is Luke incredibly charitable, he is also very supportive of my charity exploits too and it genuinely cheers me to know there are families such as the Claxton’s out there working hard to help others in someone’s memory.
To support Luke’s quest to run 26.2 miles for children with cancer please click: https://www.justgiving.com/runforclic/

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Danni Mannix – Danni is my fellow Cancer Campaigns Ambassador for Romford. I have been privileged enough to get to know her, firstly as mentor and mentoree, and now as friends. She is a wonderful, kind, intelligent and compassionate lady and the current Charity Face of Europe. Danni regularly does charity events of all different varieties and she has many passions, most of which include helping people in some way. She will also be running the London Marathon in memory of both her Mum and her Nan.
Having had many conversations with Danni, I know she is full of brilliant ideas of how to raise funds and awareness of many different issues and I really admire her enthusiasm and compassion for others. I’m very lucky to have met her!
To support Danni through her 26.2 miles for Cancer Research UK please click: https://www.justgiving.com/Danni-Mannix-London-Marathon/

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Gower Tan – Gower is another fellow Cancer Campaigns Ambassador for Cancer Research UK. Gower is a lovely man, very enthusiastic and very passionate about CRUK and their aims. He is very encouraging towards his fellow ambassadors and takes part in many of our lively discussions and events. Gower somehow manages to find time for his campaigning and fundraising despite having a very busy job and a family to look after so I take my hat off to him!
The fact that this will be Gower’s THIRD London Marathon is incredible; it exhausts me to even think of attempting a marathon let alone three! I think having the willpower to train is a incredible thing – I need to get some tips from him!
To support Gower as he attempts his hat trick of marathons in London please click: http://www.justgiving.com/gowertan2013
……………………………………………………………………………

Sue Duncombe – Sue is another of my fellow ambassadors. She is very passionate and enthusiastic as well as very supportive of everyone else and their achievements. I haven’t got to know Sue as much as I would like to and I’m hoping this will change over the coming months.
Sue is going to cycling from Marble Arch, London to the Arc de Triumph in Paris. This is a challenge that I couldn’t even imagine being able to complete! I have been reading about Sue’s incredible challeges for charity and I am in awe of her. She pushes herself to the limit and achieves incredible things. Three hundred miles on a bike for four days is a huge challenge and I really do think Sue is absolutely amazing for taking on such a challenge to raise money for CRUK.
To support Sue as she cycles her way to France please click: https://www.justgiving.com/SueDuncombe2013

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Nancy Scott – Nancy is a heroine of mine. A busy wife and mother with a job and she still manages to find time to be a fundraiser and awareness raising extraordinaire! I really admire her courage, her determination and her very creative mind. She is the mastermind behind Little Legs for Life and has raised huge amounts for CRUK and other charities over the years. She is also the reason I managed to almost complete the Shine marathon – I would have given up at mile ten if it wasn’t for her!
Nancy will be part of a group hiking the Yorkshire Three Peaks to raise money for Harry Moseley’s Help Harry Help Others charity. They will be attempting this in twelve hours and have been training hard for it. I am very confident that Nancy and her friends will complete this challenge with great gusto and look forward to hearing about their next challenge as they are always finding interesting ways of raising money for important causes.
To support Nancy and the Hike for Harry please click: http://www.justgiving.com/hikingforharry

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Rosa McPherson – I have mentioned the fabulous Rosa on this blog before. An incredible lady with a huge amount strength, humour, compassion and intelligence, she is also one of my heroes. She is another ambassador and she is a powerhouse of ideas and campaigning gusto. I love reading her posts and we share a love of The Sopranos amongst other things so she definitely has good taste!
Rosa will be doing the Stirling Race for Life in May this year to raise money for Cancer Research UK. She has been fundraising for a while and I am always struck by her fun way of thanking everyone for their donations.
To support Rosa as she shows support for CRUK in Scotland please click: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/rosamacpherson8?utm_source=DM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2013_Wel

………………………………………………………………………………


The LWC Nurses – I love working for the LWC and get to work with some incredible people. Our wonderful nursing team are taking on the Blackheath Race for Life this year in honour of our colleague who is currently fighting cancer. The girls are determined, hard working ladies and I have no doubt that they will finish the course in one piece. They spend so much time looking after our patients and really deserve some support for this challenge.
To support the LWC nurses as they attempt 10k on a hot summer’s day please click: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/rices-runners

…………………………………………………………………………………………

As you can see I have some incredible friends! I actually feel disgustingly lazy after writing this post, so much so that I have actually thrown my chocolate bar away and considered a visit to the gym tonight.

Times are hard and most of us are scrimping and saving at the moment but if you could show some support to any of these incredible people and the charities they support then your generosity will be gratefully received J xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment