Thursday 31 January 2013

Macmillan - The Age Old Excuse Campaign


Today is my Yiayia's (Nan's) birthday. I am hugely lucky when it comes to grandparents; I had four that loved me more then anything. I have lost my paternal grandparents but I still have a very close relationship with my maternal grandparents. I would be heartbroken if anything happened to them.

The fabulous people are Macmillan Cancer Support are currently doing a brilliant campaign called the “Age Old Excuse”. They, and I, believe that there is no reason or excuse as to why older people with cancer are treated differently to the younger generations. The campaign wishes to make sure older cancer sufferers are treated based on their needs and requirements and not written off due to their age.
Macmillan are calling for several things (I am quoting the campaign directly here:)

*Older people to be offered treatment and care based on their fitness rather than their age
*Services to be made accessible to meet the needs of older people
*Staff to be given the time and training needed to provide the best possible care.

I have already pledged my support for this very important and worthwhile campaign. I would ask that you do the same. I lost my paternal grandparents to cancer and noticed they were treated in a completely different way to my twenty something aunts and uncles. This isn’t right and needs to be changed.

Please click the link and support this campaign, the older generation need to be protected and defended!!


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment