Thursday 26 April 2012

Georgie Week 2012: My Public Tribute


I had a big blog post written and ready to publish yesterday on what was my birthday and the first anniversary on Georgie’s death. However I changed my mind when I woke up. I went to the cemetery and paid my respects to my wonderful cousin in private.

I did want to make a public tribute to him though.  My cousin was an incredible person. He was kind, clever, brave and loving. For seventeen years he was the life and soul of our family and this year has been a struggle without him. I miss him every single day but I try to incorporate him into my everyday life with my charity work. He is my inspiration and the driving force behind all the work I do to help beat this horrific disease. I struggle to find the right words to do Georgie justice; he was just so amazing that I find it difficult to convey that to people who didn’t get to know him during his lifetime.

All I can say is I love my cousin so so much and I will miss him for the rest of my life. I live in hope that one day we will be reunited with him.

Rest in peace Georgie, always missed and never ever forgotten

28.07.93 – 25.04.11

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment