Saturday 1 November 2014

For the Love of George


It's no secret that my cousin, Georgie, is one of my favourite people in the world (I say is rather then was because no one will ever replace him) and that he is the driving force behind the work I do with cancer charities. My aunt has written a very accurate and really heartfelt book about my wonderful cousin which will hopefully help people who didn't meet him be able to understand just how incredible he was and that he was so much more then a young boy with cancer.

I'll admit it took me a few hours to find the courage to read the book when my aunt sent me the link and it downloaded onto my kindle but I'm so glad I read it. It's a tough read but my aunt has managed to really capture everything that made Georgie who he was as well as how much he meant to all of us. After reading it I felt like I had gone back in time and lost him all over again, I'm struggling to believe it's been three and a half years since he left us. 

Georgie had a tough journey, his story doesn't have a happy ending, especially for those of us that struggle without him. But with the fantastic work my aunt and uncle are doing in his memory I hope his lasting legacy will be to protect others from going through what he went through. 

The other thing the book reminded me was just how amazing my family is. We've been to hell and back several times but we are a strong unit and there is no doubt in my mind that we will continue to support each other through thick and thin. The pride I feel for my family is sacred and even when I'm miles away, I hope they know the love I have for them all. 

Some of the proceeds from the book will be going to The George Pantziarka TP53 Trust (www.tp53.co.uk)

For kindle you can buy the book at this link http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00OYWOUYM/454

For hard copy http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1502741482/454





No comments:

Post a Comment