Tuesday 15 May 2012

Dawn and Stuart: Legends



Hi everyone,

I wanted to update you on two exceptional friends of mine. They have featured on my blog several times.

.................................................

Firstly, Stuart Pilcher is one of my closest friends and he has been for several years. He is funny, intelligent, kind and just amazing. He is also a testicular cancer survivor having fought the disease and kicked its butt as a teenager.

Stuart is taking his final exam at university today. He will soon be a Politics and International Relations graduate. He is currently working for Oliver Colvile MP but I know he is destined for even bigger things and fully expect him to become Prime Minister one day or be a big political hotshot in America. I will want him to promise to take me with him should he ever get to meet the Clinton’s!

Stuart is an inspiration. He was very young when he became ill and he fought with a brave heart and plenty of dignity. I’m so proud of him and wish him every success with his career. I can’t wait to see a photo of him in his cap and gown!

.....................................

Dawn Green is an incredible woman. She was diagnosed with Pseudomyxoma Peritonei four years ago and was given just 3 months to live. She fought this very rare cancer with every ounce of her being and managed to beat the disease. It came back and once again she beat it.
The cancer returned a few weeks ago and Dawn is undergoing major surgery today. All my thoughts and love are with her. She has found strength to build a fantastic charity to help others as well as being a Cancer Research UK Campaigns Ambassador AND a wonderful fiancĂ©e and mum to Jay, Megan and Kirsten. She is my hero and I’m really hoping she pulls through and kicks cancer into touch once again.

Thinking of you Dawn; my beautiful, brave warrior of a friend

(Please check out her charity and donate what you can http://www.pseudomyxomasurvivor.co.uk/)
............................

Special mention to my little sister Sophia who was chosen by her school to meet the Queen in Bromley today. We sisters like to aim high!

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment