Sunday 6 November 2016

Christmas Fundraising 2016

Hello! 

2016 has been a year of bad news. The media is filled with it and many of my friends and family have had some real hard times this year. I think many people will be happy to see the year go. I want to inject some positivity into 2016 as it comes to an end.
Usually my voluntary work is in memory of the relatives I have lost but this time it is inspired by a very special person.
My niece, Mia Ariana, was born in February this year and has become the apple of my eye. Mia is able to grow up in a safe and loving environment, filled with people who will protect and encourage her. Many children do not get to grow up in the same way. 
This Christmas we will be collecting funds to buy presents and supplies to help children and young people who otherwise won't enjoy the festive period like my niece will.
Half the money raised will be used to buy food and presents for families in Cyprus that will not be able to afford them otherwise. They will be taken to food banks to be distributed to those that need it.
The other half of the money will be used to buy supplies to donate to Crisis and The Metropolitan Police Christmas Present Appeal. Crisis will distribute their supplies to homeless people and The police will distribute presents to children who may not otherwise get them. The supplies for Crisis will include warm gloves, hats and scarves as well as snack bars, toiletries and other things to help the homeless. My stepdad, David, works for the Met and will be one of the officers delivering the presents.
I will be spending time with Mia in the UK between 2-5th December and we will go and buy our supplies and donate them that weekend. 
My good friends, Luke and Faye, will also be collecting to donate presents to children in the UK spending Christmas in hospital - https://www.justgiving.com/teams/target250k
Please donate anything you can spare, it's very much appreciate! We will keep you updated with our progress!
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/christmascheer2016 
Lots of love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment