Wednesday 19 December 2012

A Poem For Those Facing Christmas Without Loved Ones

I found this poem by Linda Winchell and I think it pretty much sums up what I would like to say to those I have lost and won't be seeing this Christmas. Sending lots of love to anyone facing Christmas without a loved one.

For Georgie, Auntie Eleni, Dada Sotiris, Nouna Gina, Yiayia Alexandra and Buppou Peter. I miss them all more and more every day xxx


I can't send you roses
I've tried that once before.
I can't see your smilling face
that use to greet me at the door.

I can't call you on the phone
to wish you, Merry Christmas, and, Happy New Years too
I can't even mail you a card
I have, tried that too. 

I can't hear the sound of your sweet voice 
Or the children's laughter, hear.
While I can't understand it all
You seem to get, neglected every year.

But I can say that, 'I love you.'
For you are still, to me so dear.
But I wanted to wish you Merry Christmas
and wish that you were, still here.

Dear one, I can't seem to understand why
this cross that I must bear.
And I pray that God has blessed you
'Merry Christmas, ' and may God keep you in His loving care

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment