Friday 28 September 2012

Coming Up This Winter


Hi all,

Regular readers will know that I took part in CLIC Sargent’s Big Bucket Collection during December which is childhood cancer awareness month in the UK. I spent a freezing cold, rainy Thursday outside Tesco’s in Woodford Green and managed to collect £200 for the charity. It was my first ever fundraising experience. It was originally supposed to take place on the Friday but Tesco’s moved it at the last minute, which sadly meant none of my helpers, could attend and I had to do it alone. I prefer campaigning to fundraising and I am conscious of always asking people for donations so I only do a few fundraising events every year, but this is definitely on I feel is hugely important.

I will be taking part in the collection again this year and can proudly announce the details of my collection.

On Saturday 8th December 2012 I will be at Morrison’s in Dagenham from 9am in the morning collecting for CLIC Sargent.

If you are interested in getting involved and helping me out then please do email me on pennyschristofi@gmail.com

My family live in Kent, Surrey and Cyprus and I am in Essex so they probably wont be able to come down and support me on the day which is why I have set up a virtual bucket collection for anyone that wishes to donate but can’t make it on the day. All donations are very very gratefully received. I will post the link next week.

Childhood cancer awareness month is a cause very close to my heart. CLIC Sargent is a charity very close to my heart. I watched a child I love suffer through cancer and Georgie was helped by CLIC Sargent which is why I’m passionate about giving something back to the charity and helping other children in Georgie’s situation.

To read more about CLIC Sargent please click here: http://pennysophia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/clic-sargent.html

To read more about Georgie please click here: http://pennysophia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/georgie-pantziarka-xx.html

Thank you  xxx

____________________________

i will also be braving the cold to take part in Cancer Research UK and Tesco's Every Penny Counts Collection - very apt when you consider my name!!! The details are as follows:

Saturday 27th October 2012 from 9am to 12pm at Tesco's in Barking, Essex.

I don't think I need to go into details as to why I'm taking part in this - my love for CRUK is well documented!!!

If you would like to know more about Cancer Research UK then please click here: http://pennysophia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-amazing-cancer-research-uk.html


No comments:

Post a Comment